Try Something New in ’22
Need a reason to get out on those dark January days? Come along and try a creative and fun ‘drop in’ activity.
All are welcome, whether on your own or with a friend; all equipment will be provided (with the exception of Crafternoons)
These activities are included with an Annual Pass or daily admission, however Walk Durham, Crafternoons, Poetry, Art & Creativity and Boundless Books session require pre-booking.
– On Thursday 13th, 20th & 27th January join Walk Durham at 10:00 – 11:30 for a short, free health walk with a friendly group and trained instructor. If you want to take your first steps in improving your health and fitness, or if you just want to stay healthy this is a great option. Booking is essential, please visit here
– On Friday 14th and Sunday 16th January Crafternoons returns! Booking essential, please visit here
– On Monday 17th, 24th & 31st January, we host Cards & Games at 11:00am – 12:30pm. Packs of cards, chess and backgammon sets will be available for people to play together in the Refectory. Come on your own and find someone to play with, or come in a group and play together.
– On Tuesday 18th & 25th January at 11:00 – 15:00, Chatty Cafe comes to Ushaw. In an informal space, have a chat and enjoy a coffee in the Refectory. You will be greeted by a friendly volunteer, have the opportunity to have a much needed conversation and perhaps meet new friends.
– On Wednesday 19th & 26th January at 11:00 – 12:30, take the opportunity to relax, slow down and focus on a simple colouring activity with Colouring for Mindfulness.
– On Friday 21st January, Drawing & Doodles takes place from 13:30pm – 15:30pm. Doodling boosts creative thinking, confidence, and memory retention. Paper, pencils and a starter doodle provided. This group is an opportunity to be creative, slow down your thoughts, and get to know others who enjoy drawing.
– On Friday 28th January, try out our Poetry, Art & Creativity session. This group will explore paintings and poetry, discussing a different work, artist or author each month. Booking essential, please visit here
Stay a while #UshawesomeJanuary