The Pugins at Ushaw
Join us for a study day which will look at the ecclesiastical and domestic architecture of the Pugins at Ushaw Historic House.
Architectural works include those by A.W.N. Pugin, Edward Welby Pugin, Peter Paul Pugin, Sebastian Pugin Powell together with stained glass by A.W.N. Pugin, John Hardman Powell and Dunstan John Powell.
There will also be an opportunity to see church plate and metalwork by A.W.N. Pugin and John Hardman Powell and vestments by A.W.N. Pugin.
You can also expect to hear from expert speakers, alongside a glimpse at some hidden parts of the site and treasures from the collections.
Organised by the Pugin Society in association with the Friends of Ushaw.
Friends of Ushaw please purchase the tickets at the discounted price.
Timetable for the day is as follows:
– 9.30am – Welcome and coffee
– 10.00am – Introduction in the Exhibition Hall followed by walking tour led by Gerald Hyland.
– 12.45pm – 2pm Lunch in the Refectory.
– 2pm – Session led by Claire Marsland, showing plate, metalwork and vestments.
– 3pm – Session led by Matthew Watson showing Pugin letters and drawings followed by a tour of the Big Library.
– 4pm – end of day followed by opportunity to buy refreshments.