Thank you for booking tickets to Illuminating Ushaw 2021!
To make sure that you have a great time at Ushaw please read the following pre-arrival information to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Parking is located in the field opposite the main entrance, signage and staff will be available to direct you. Please use DH7 7DW if you are using a Sat Nav.
- We will be operating a pedestrian crossing to ensure safe passage across the road.
- The trail is outdoors so please wrap up warm and wear sturdy footwear.
- The trail is set out along our newly surfaced paths which are largely accessible for pushchairs and wheelchair users.
- You will need to show your email confirmation or an event ticket at the visitor centre when you arrive. This can be on your phone or a printed copy. Due to capacity restrictions, we cannot grant access without proof of your booking.
- We have some accessible parking bays available at each time slot, if you require one of these please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be directed to the accessible bay on arrival, please proceed with care as this will be through pedestrian areas.
- The Illuminated Trail will last between 1 hour/1 hour 30 minutes.
- The trail route is illuminated but there are some areas of low light so you may want to bring a torch with you.
- Public Toilets will be open throughout the event and are accessible via the East Wing Reception.
- We will have food options available each night. All external food vans have successfully completed COVID-19 Risk Assessments and are registered with Durham County Council for food provision.
- Whilst we do not have any formal covid restrictions in place we ask all visitors to be sensitive about maintaining social distancing with other groups.
- There are hand sanitising points around the site for visitor use.
- Please keep an eye on children in your party. Should anyone get lost during the event our Lost and Found children’s base is at the East Wing entrance. Please ask one of our stewards to help you in this situation.
Thank you for your support.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas!